Hands that Heal
October 21-23, 2020
|Where||Cornerstone Mennonite Church
240 S. Oak Street · Ephrata, PA 17522
|Time||9:00 am – 5:00 pm, lunch included|
|Deadline||Wednesday, October 7, 2020|
International Curriculum to Train Caregivers of Trafficking Survivors is a comprehensive Christian curriculum to train caregivers who are frontline providers of aftercare for women, children, and men that have been trafficked.
Both men and women are welcome, ages 18 and up.
Individuals willing to serve as trainers for service providers of trafficked survivors are encouraged to attend. Those who currently work with vulnerable women, men, and children victimized by abuse or violence associated with Human Trafficking, such as Social Workers, Counselors, Teachers and Service Providers will benefit greatly from this training. Pastors, ministry leaders and other influential church members who are responsible for assisting individuals healing may also consider attending.
- Defining and understanding trafficking in persons
- A biblical framework for a Christian response to human trafficking
- Understanding community mobilization
- Introduction to aftercare
- Cultural issues in trafficking and trauma
- Common health problems
- Psychological and spiritual needs of survivors
- Literacy, life skills, and vocational training
- Family, reunification, caregiver issues, and challenges to transformation
Question? contact Sonya at email@example.com or call 717.799.6308